Sunday, June 27, 2010

R.I.P. Jimmy


I had planned to write a blog on my experience in Kerala and had almost given it a shape while sitting at the airport lounge waiting for departure, however unfortunately it didn't find it's final lines and here I am sitting writing on a totally different context.

There are times when you just take living beings for granted and more often than not its these living beings that make you feel secured.

There are times when you just over look some living beings when they look at you with twinkle of desire in their eyes.

There are times when unspoken words translated into actions, still don't get the desired reaction from you.

Today as I sit to write this, I have lost my canine back home in Kerala with whom I really didn't spend a worthy time to feel I should miss him as he left abode after almost 10 years of company. But as soon as the news reached me, it wasn't the shock but a hollowness that scared me. It was because of him that there was a sense of security in the house. There was a feeling of someone out there who was guarding you irrespective of the time or weather. Someone who always welcomed you with a friendly bark each time you returned home, what I called as the welcome bark.

All this would be missed.

R.I.P. Jimmy!

No comments: