Sunday, September 27, 2009

A foot into the PG World!

So finally it has been a week since I joined Mumbai Educational Trust's Institute of Management at Bandra for my M.M.S.(which for layman is the MBA Degree awarded by Mumbai University.)

Week 1 was good. I really enjoyed most of my lectures except the but obvious Finance Tutorials. It's not that the prof is bad but I have a weaknees and that's Finance. I really need peace and tranquility equal to attaining Bliss to understand Finance, so now you know what I mean!

Most of the professors are really good when it comes to delivering lectures and probably that's the reason why I'm enjoying it. I read this on Captn.C.K. Gopinath's Tweet today,""The mediocre teacher tells.The good teacher explains.The superior teacher states.The great teacher inspires." William Arthur Ward " It speaks the best of what I want to say.

To come to the point of my classmates, people with whom I would be spending most part of my day, I should say it has been a mixed reaction (sort of 80-20) 80% of them are good and 20% not bad. I liked the way they all gelled and jumped on the day of the photoshoot! It was terrific to be in that experience, sitting there and watching everyone make noise, jump, smile and click! It was an experience which really helped me sit back and soak the environment I would be in, for the next 2 years. I liked a few of them, a certain guy from a Market Research Agency, got good brains I should say but I only wish he opens up too often. That's something which I felt in this class, that they are scared inspite of the fact that they have been in college now for more than 3 weeks! It reminds me of what my undergraduate prof had said, "Speak, Open up. Even if you make a fool of yourself it's better to make that here in front of your classmates rather than in the Board room." I guess they should start adapting this policy. They will I guess in a matter of time. Some of the guys are helpful, like one who earnestly came forth and explained me the groups and the projects. Another one did some "jugaad" and got me into his group. They are nice, nice people! Some couples already exist in class I guess and of the two that I assumed, I liked the pair! Fantastic they look together! :) I hope I guessed it right.

Masti during lectures is full on, even during some really serious lectures. Like the other day during the Accounts lec by one of the noted professors of the city, Prof.Chopade, a guy actually had the gutts to do mischief by passing the slippers of his partner (as in person sitting next to him) to the person sitting next to the door. The facts to note are 1) he was sitting at one end of the class and the door guy was at the other end. 2) the girl (the partner) was oblivious to all of this until forced by habit she wanted to put on her slippers, after a while. I still cannot forget the "SHOCK" on her face on realisation and the other moment which I cannot forget is the way she clenched her fist and thumped her legs on the floor to drain her frustration! "LOL" was the word of that moment!

I just pray and hope that as the course draws more seriousness all this camarederie isn't lost, all this spirit of being classmates doesn't evaporate and this oneness remains forever keeping the spirit of education!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Seems you have had an amazing experience at MET...i guess u r lucky to hav ur college days bck again, no doubt that u get that wit more challenges..but I am sure you wud make it!

All the Best bro and have a funfilled 2years of your PG!

Abhay said...

u seems to be very expressive who tries to explain to each person on each topic in a simple manner
I like the way u represents urself in d class.
I also enjoy d way our class interacts with every1; lecturer or students
hope u will b enjoying this 2 years of ur life completely

Vipin said...

Thanks Dev but to be honest I didnt recognise you. Could you help me?