Saturday, October 3, 2009

Indian Youth

Not a great day to start with, reasons enough to have another bus trip to some unknown destination. Unfortunately this time I had to overlook that option as I had college.

Thankfully the first lecture got cancelled and I had time enough to reach college. I was glad to catch up with some rest as I hadn't slept last night. Luckily Anoop was there to drop me in college. I wasn't sure if I would reach college today but I did and I did almost an hour and a half earlier than the next lecture. Finally when the lecture began I almost fell asleep.The subject was Organisation Behaviour. My drowsiness continues till the first break and for a little time of the next part of the lecture which was,until I got the shock of my life. A photograph shown on the screen showed the faces of some National Leaders camouflaged in another picture. An observant student immediately jumped to answer the obvious question as to how many faces could he see;which was 10. The answer was correct but what was sad was,he didn't know the names of all these 10 leaders! That was a shocker for me! Where are these generation heading if they don't know who are their National Leaders? I wondered if this was indeed India Shining? It was sad to say the least.

Later on I moved towards my favourite stress busting hang out; Chembur Barista. The ambience here (I'm writing this blog from Barista) somehow,for some unknown reason works for me. For company I had a laptop too. So as I sat here I saw a life, through the glass window, which many of us still are trying to come in terms with even after so many years of existence. As my eyes wandered from one racing car to another it stuck to a roadside urchin crying. She was wailing and initially I thought she was just trying to create a scene. A little while later I could see a teenage couple talking to that lady and that's when I realised that she had hurt herself and was crying asking for some medicines. This couple immediately and got some first aid. There were so many well dressed & not so well dressed, educated & not educated human beings passing by but they didn't do anything better than giving a second look at the teenage couple. It was atleast a good sight that someone went ahead to answer to the wailing lady.

Atleast there is hope that the young teenage generation do care and take initiative even if they might not get their National Leaders names right.



Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

No comments: