Sunday, August 16, 2009

Had been to the information seminar of Duke University's Fuqua School of Business. It was hosted by the Regional Director Mr. Vinoo Urs.

The school (I had already done a bit of research) is indeed a nice place to go. What I liked about them was the fact that they take in students with 3 years of education and if the profile is good then they also take students with 0 (zero) years of work ex! This is precisely what I used to keep telling my friends, building the profile is important! But one thing is for sure, they won't let you in the easy way, so get ready for the grill! Besides they also have a very friendly loan availing facility which really is something that all the other B-Schools should follow.

All in all a very informative seminar.

I came back home to meet a childhood friend of mine, Dr.Rahul Chivate, who briefed me about the media hype about H1N1. What I came to know from him is that, the medical fraternity feels that the State Govt.has done a good job to tackle with the Virus.

The points which put me into thoughts were when he qouted figures which said that "EVERYDAY in India" people die many more times because of Malaria and diabetes, than that due to H1N1 then why is it that those deaths are not highlighted???

It gives us some food for thought, when on our Independence day we sit and ask if we are making right use of the freedom given to us, perhaps it is the apt time to ask even the media!

Happy Independence Day! Jai Hind!

No comments: