Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My last two months!

Completed a little more than 2 months of my self induced break from work. I had considered it to be my time of healing. A time wherein I would get myself back on track in life, pick up some bits and pieces which just fell while running to match up with the pace of life. At the end of 2 months where do I see myself?

Honestly speaking, I haven't really thought about what I would be writing for an answer to the above question which would be the topic for this latest blog.

Let me start by recollecting what I did in these two months :

1) Played badminton for close to a week, all thanks to my KT Buddy Omkar Malvankar. It really gave me a rude awakening that I have a terrible back problem. So the next thing in my latest "to-do" list is to honestly make an attempt to pull down my weight (please note that it doesn't read like, "I want to become thin")
2) Read the book which I wanted to since long. I had this book called Shantaram by Gregory Roberts David.(It belongs to my ex-girlfriend)I was having this book since long time and it was now that I got the time to read it. I read it in breaks because I loved the story and didn't want it to end, especially the central character and his mentor Khadar Bhai. I would rate it as the only book which I wouldn't mind reading again and I am sure each time I read it, it would be as fresh as the first time. That doesn't mean that I would keep reading only one book.
3) Cut down all my unnecessary expenses with the unnecessary coffee's and burgers. It has brought me closer to realising why saving is important in life.
4) Understood the importance of a "to-do" list. When I used to work, I always had a "to-do" list which used to guide me. Now that I am on a break I didn't maintain it and as a result many a few things were accomodated for the next day which never actually came and the worst that happened was I would be having to pay a penalty for my credit card bill for late payment! :-(
5) Decided to pursue an MBA but was hit by the harsh realities of a lot of things associated with it.
6) Restarted research on foreign universities offering MBA. Understood a lot more of facts about the same.
7) Understood that time flies and you have to start moving atleast to get into the groove. It is the work of memories to keep you at one place but it is your responsibility to pull it along with you. Memories could make you determined, if made to move with you and on the contrary if memories hold you at a point, standstill it is trouble! So even though each day I wake up with memories, I sit down immediately to start some work or the other. Hmmm....so I learned to handle myself with memories.
8) Managed to live without mobiles. Now that I don't have one, I am not in touch with MANY of my friends. Some great friends, Some good friends, Some old friends, Some new. I was always in touch with everyone but now I am in touch with only a few. It gives me a breather of time to sit and think about various important.
9) Got back with photography, even if for a small period I enjoyed it and plan to take it as a serious hobby once I could get a DSLR. :-)
10) Understood that whenever I planned I always landed in not reaching there. So from now on I would just leave my life and allow it to take it wherever it takes me while I do things that I am responsible for.

What I couldn't :
1) Keep up the habit of getting up early. Hoping to rectify that once I get an alarm clock, since I don't use a mobile now. Get up early in the morning and go for a walk. I've got a nice jogging track below my mom-dad's new house, that should be helpful.
2) Use some of the softwares of photo editing.
3) Had hoped to join a dance class but alas! The back pain after the badminton just ruined all my plans.
4) Stop listening to sad songs! :)

So all in all, even though it looks good but still it isn't as much as had planned it to happen. But I guess that's how it is, right, when I plan everything right from Love to Life it has always been that the love looses it's life or life just isn't loved anymore!

It all boils down to realisation and acceptance! I have realised what all I could do and accepted what I couldn't!

Cheers to the next new journey!

No comments: